All our Carniolan queen bees are bred from selected breeding stock.
Carniolan queens are available from late April – mid September.
All queens are imported with health certificates from a trusted reliable European Breeder.
- Considered to be gentle and non-aggressive
- Can be kept in populated areas
- Sense of orientation considered better than the Italian honey bee
- Less drifting of bees from one hive to a neighboring hive
- When compared to the Italian honey bee, they are not as prone to rob honey
- Able to overwinter in smaller numbers of winter bees
- Honey stores are conserved
- Able to quickly adapt to changes in the environment
- Better for areas with long winters
- Fast rhythm of brood production and then brood rearing reduction when available forage decreases
- Low use of propolis
- Resistant to brood diseases
- For areas with strong spring nectar flow and early pollination
- Bees forage earlier in the morning and later in the evening, and on cool, wet days
- Workers live up to 12% longer than other breeds